View Single Post
09-26-08, 06:56 PM   #1008
iocontrol
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
I just levelled my lock to 70 before the cable was shut off... I'll take some time to play with this this weekend and see if I can reproduce the problem.
Okay ... here's the scenario:

I, as a warlock in Mechanar, am tasked to Banish & Enslave Orange & Purple icons respectively. So I do my Banish on Orange & Enslave Purple. On Orange I can see the debuff that allows me to know when Banish - barring extenuating circumstances - will wear off.

On the other hand, the behemoth that is now my slave, Purple, does not show the Enslave debuff which makes me a little edgy - at any moment he may decide that my enslaving him wasn't in his best interests ... and usually I'd know when he'd come to that conclusion via some sort of timer. Luckily this is Mechanar and not Magister's Terrace where an unforeseen break in Enslave Demon isn't as life threatening.

This also led, as I indicated, to the discovery that an Enslaved Pet can't be dismissed to be summarily executed after serving its purpose - I know, us locks are evil. Get over it.

However, there was a temporary fix to this mentioned previously in this thread that I'll just macro to a button to make things easier in the meantime.