View Single Post
09-28-08, 11:48 AM   #1016
Edgwin
A Murloc Raider
Lightbulb Some suggestions

First let me tell you that this is by far the singe best UI I've ever come across.
I've used Mazzle, xPerl, etc. and nothing has satisfied me the way this does.

Some things that have changed have made me both and however might be made with some simple (or not so simple cause I have no idea how to code anything) changes.

Some users who fell in love with the original nui loved the minimap in the middle of the UI panel and now it seems it has been moved and replaced with the focus panel.

I believe that the focus panel is something that is only situationaly used and since when you have a focus frame up, you don't really care about the mini map perhaps having a focus frame replace the minimap only when it's active might be the solution.

I use my minimap for Tons of things.. Farming in particular, and I find that the amount of time that I could use my minimap outnumber the times I use a focus frame by probably about 1000 - 1. While raiding, you don't really need your minimap while fighting trash or bosses and hence a focus frame in that position would be magnificent.

I don't believe you really need to intergrate the raid members helth etc into the UI panel as pulling the groups from the default bliz interface works perfectly and they are constantly improving that functionality on their own.

Finally the Omen / DPS auto switch was brilliant. I loved it. I really wish the functionality of that could be turned on and off if one so chose. People who raid really only need to see omen during fights and dps meters afterwords. it simplified and eliminated clutter in a brilliant way and I'd really love to see that re-implimented even if only as an option.

Thanks for all your hard work . I really do love the interface and hope to be using it for a long long time to come.

-Edg