12-19-13, 11:08 PM   #56
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Bisou View Post
according to Scott's post here, he's been locked out:
Okay, let’s clear up a few misconceptions:

Spiel2001 has not been banned from the site. <- true (so far)
He has not been suspended. <- sorta true -- I have not, my forums have, as was my status
He has not been shut down, banished or muted. <- sorta true... you removed my public response to your public lashing of me. I'd call that muted. The forums are all locked, I call that shut down. Modify any of the "nUI+ User Group" features.
He is still able to update existing files, upload new files, respond to posts and comments, start new threads.<- not true - the forums remain locked, except this one and all of the "nUI+ User Group" files remain locked to me
nUI has not been removed from the site. <- true (so far)
Users’ access to the files has not been removed. <- true

The only thing that has happened is that his Featured Artist status has been removed. <- not true. The forums remain locked, download areas for the premium nUI stuff remains locked
Nothing more. <- not true (see other notes)
And even with that he still has a forum of his own, unlike any other non-Featured Artist on the site. <- sorta true... I just can't post to it, nor can anyone else.
As well as his custom groups, which still exist and that he still has complete control over just as has always been the case. <- not true. I cannot control them, nor can they be accessed from the menus
And his supporter only version (nUI+) is still available to those who are members of that group, <- true
which again is still completely under his control. <- not true
That post does not say that he has been locked out. It says that the NUI forums were locked (which is because NUI is not a Featured Project). Cairenn was kind enough, however, to leave this forum that were are having this discussion in unlocked so that you all may discuss NUI still and discuss its future (be it here or elsewhere). He did lose access to a couple of files due to the change in status, however this was not intentional. As soon as it was brought to attention, it was remedied and Scott has the proper permissions again to edit these files.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh