View Single Post
04-30-11, 08:23 AM   #38
cbcatanz
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
Well, I finally got around to doing a little questing with the beta installed. For me, all of the icons on the map blink, or if you prefer "flash", at the same approximate rate as the active node icon when the maps are merged. Except for the static Carbonite gather icons. For some odd reason they aren't blinking.

Also, for some reason, whenever I enter combat with a mob my framerate plummets. My normal fps average around 25 when running around and usually manage to stay above 12 in combat with a mob, but now, in combat, I'm averaging 3 frames per second. I really don't know if Carbonite has anything at all to do with this particular problem, but thought I would mention it anyway (I sometimes like to hear myself type, apparently ).

I know my average framerates are low, but I play on a 2 year old laptop with crappy integrated Microsoft graphics and my fps never were very good. Even with all of the WoW graphics set to just about as low as you can set them.
Getting a similar problem. When I track a quest using the quest watch thing my FPS drop to about 40 fps or so. When I click to stop tracking quest my fps return to normal.