View Single Post
04-30-11, 11:01 PM   #40
tinyu
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Taerot View Post
I think I may be able to help narrow down the problem with horrible fps and thrashing icons in this case. When I am in an area with any sort of minimap icon the icons shown on the minimap thrash so much that my fps is reduced to unacceptable play levels. Also, with the new patch there is the addition of displaying your target and focus nodes on the minimap. I have discovered that carbonite (beta 1) behaves alright as long as I'm not in an area where minimap icons are displayed _and_ I do not have a target selected. however, when a target _is_ selected the target (and focus) nodes on the minimap thrash like crazy. It gets even worse when I have a target selected and I'm in combat. Completely disabling carbonite makes my fps return to normal.

I use both the game minimap and the carbonite minimap, but I only display world icons on my game minimap. I have not tried using only the carbonite minimap, but I'm sure the effect would be the same regardless of where the icons/nodes are displayed. I am convinced that carbonite is causing the issue on the standard minimap because when I disable carbonite the style of the target, focus and herb node icons are different from the node icon that is displayed when carbonite is active. If carbonite weren't having an effect on the nodes on the minimap there would be no change in their style, right?

Also, my herb node icons do not flash unless I have a target selected or I am in an area with world icons like quests, inns, etc.
does Setting the "Map Minimap" option "Minimap herb/ore dot glow delay (0 is off)" solve the issue?