View Single Post
09-10-12, 01:36 PM   #6
nightshade00013
An Aku'mai Servant
Thanks a lot Rythal, I know it was a lot of work to try and keep things going for those people who loved this addon so much. Just hearing you state that the fixed version of the addon that has now been published made my decision to not update from your changes final. I would hope that the addon authors see a good person who can help them out and invite you to join the addon team. But if they don't and no longer play or have the ability to develop then like me I am sure a lot of other people will be welcoming you as an new addon author when you do create a replacement. And I would also be willing to provide some webspace for your addon should you want to setup something outside of curse and/or wow interface. I have never tried to author an addon, I am a much better hardware person than a programer but would enjoy beta testing anything you put out.

I know that this addon started off as a freemium and Bliz squashed the paid version because all addons for wow were meant to be free. And I am sure that really scorned the authors and probably influenced them in their decision to cease playing the game. But if they no longer care enough to keep up with the patch information now, when the next major patch comes out I can almost guarantee carbonite will be a dead addon. I actually started using carbonite around the Burning Crusade release time when the addon package I was using stopped being updated do to the authors no longer playing. Sounds like that will be happening again soon.

Farewell carbonite and welcome Rythal's newer and better addon!