View Single Post
11-05-12, 11:46 AM   #8
patrick51
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
If you think repairing / adding quests is easier then you really don't know anything about Carbonite and how it works. Hell just opening the quest database locks up most programs I try to open it in because they can't handle a string that long.

I don't have the fancy programs the old developers had that would datamine the information from the dbc files then autogenerate the strings / code. I don't have the intimate knowledge of the addon that lets me say ok so to add a new mailbox to the zone I modify here, here and here. I'm doing the best I can, and if I wasn't you wouldn't have anything at all right now.

Yes development is going slowly, these things don't happen overnight and that's why I keep the old carbonite up to date as much as possible, and I've tried to make it rely on updates as little as possible for the future ... it's not perfect but it works, and i've been using it myself for several characters both in leveling and in my dailies.

The maps overhaul i'm working on, is not just what you see... i'm working on overhauling the entire thing... right now the information is built from 5 arrays spread across 3 files, that's excessive and unnecessary.. why do I need the same area to be known as 643 in one spot, 213 in another, 6021 in a third each one returning different information... so i'm consolidating it all... and when that's done, if I decide to give up on WoW the next person to take over has one place to look and one thing to add.
If you don't want pissed off people then do not ask them what they want then slap them in the face by telling them i wasted you time by voting.

Slickedit opens it with no problem. and the code is perfectly normal. it looks like any data base you open in a text editor.I have acualy looked at the quest data base and it not that bad. It took me a little bit to figure out the dividers for the quests. but other then that its just not orginized that well. I had already edited it so it line by line instead of a mess. Im a little OCD

does this look familar?
Nx.Quests={[15]={"4Sharptalon's Claw%:6####",nil,"#$( 9?@?",},
[21]={"8Jitters' Growling Gut#74##?#",nil,nil,},
[23]={"<Bounty on Garrick Padfoot#(%####",nil,nil,},
[27]={"1A Rogue's Deal#($####",nil,nil,},
[29]={"5The Killing Fields#2+####",nil,nil,},
[31]={"<The Scrimshank Redemption#SJ##?#",nil,nil,},
[33]={"8Riverpaw Gnoll Bounty$-*####","#%M -?"#%M -?"#MVæ$Vħ$VŨ(Uʩ'UΪ$Tϫ$SЬ$Rѭ(S֫&T٫&Sܬ$Sݫ$Sު%S৤Tᥤ",},
[35]={"7The People's Militia#/,##0#",nil,nil,},
[37]={"7The People's Militia#1,##1#",nil,nil,},
[39]={"7The People's Militia#4,####",nil,nil,},
[43]={"6Give Gerard a Drink#$$####",nil,nil,},
[45]={"6Uldaman Reagent Run#MI####",nil,nil,},
[47]={"9Brotherhood of Thieves#'%####",nil,nil,},
[49]={"-Tharil'zun#<5####",nil,nil,},
[51]={"3Blackrock Menace#85##6#",nil,nil,},
[55]={"5Goretusk Liver Pie#/,####",nil,nil,},
[57]={"2Ursangous's Paw%;6####",nil,"#&( 9?A?",},
[59]={"3Shadumbra's Head%;6####",nil,"#'( 4?6b,},
[61]={"2Simmer Down Now%<:####","#&( 9?A?","#&( 9?A?","#(??&$??($?,$~?.$~?0'~?/$?-$??,$","#(??%%",},
[63]={"4A Lesson to Learn##3##@$",nil,nil,},
[65]={"4A Lesson to Learn##3##?$",nil,nil,},
[67]={"4Trial of the Lake##3##A$",nil,nil,},
[69]={"4Trial of the Lake##3#$V$",nil,nil,},
[71]={"8Trial of the Sea Lion##3##B$",nil,nil,},
[73]={"/Aquatic Form##3###$",nil,nil,},
[75]={"7Rise of the Silithid#SJ####",nil,nil,},
[79]={"5An Unwelcome Guest#;5####",nil,nil,},
[81]={"3Further Concerns$-*##H#","#(M 61@ۢ,"#)M D?C?",},
[83]={"0Westfall Stew#-,####",nil,nil,},
[85]={"7Find the Lost Guards$-*##P#","#)M D?C?","#*M C㾧",},
[87]={"0Westfall Stew#0,####",nil,nil,},

Last edited by patrick51 : 11-05-12 at 12:03 PM.