View Single Post
04-17-21, 11:45 AM   #6
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by samueldcorbin View Post
I came across several posts from a couple of years ago suggesting that it could be initiated by a click or slash command - though none of them explained how.
The UI changes over the years, and Blizzard has been known to do some really stupid things.

I'm guessing a click generated by a slash command can't trigger a secure button either.
You can do something like this, but it toggles the world map. There's no way to put a condition on it to check if it's already open.
Code:
/click MiniMapWorldMapButton

Feels pretty silly that there's no way to open the map frame in combat and no way to make a slash command trigger a secure action when the text is entered and sent via hardware events.
As a clarification, hardware-restricted and protected functions are two completely different categories of functions. Hardware-restricted (often called hardware-protected as if that doesn't make this topic more confusing) require a hardware event to run. Protected functions can only be run from a secure execution path. This means only Blizzard can run these functions directly. If an addon "taints" the execution path or attempts to call these functions directly, a taint error is thrown. Combat functions are protected functions that are only restricted during combat. This also extends to protected frames, which can't be manipulated during combat.

Apparently, the WorldMapFrame is a protected frame, whether directly or through one of its children. Remember, any frame that has a protected child is also considered a protected frame.