View Single Post
12-21-09, 04:05 AM   #14
Thrae
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I bought it just for the 12 buttons on the side. I always wanted a numpad + mouse combination since I was a teenager.

My current mouse was an ancient generic optical brand possibly from CompUSA (according to googling its SKU#), although it did have a solid working 5 buttons. Hence I'm already used to using extra mouse buttons. My hands generally do not leave the W,A,S,D position while my character is in action, utilizing a key mapping (from memory), 1,2,3,4,5,R,T,Z,X,C,D,F,V,SHIFT+Q,SHIFT+E,SHIFT+Z,SHIFT+C + mouse buttons. Hopefully I can remove some of the awkwardness with my new Razer Naga, reducing time away from W,A,S,D.

It's also useful in FPSes too. However the software currently does not have the full power of Logitech's macros. Razer is working on it.

WARNING: There is currently a bug some people are experiencing (with or without the drivers) where the mouse will not be recognized by the USB port after resuming from S3 (Standby/Sleep). S1 (Alternate Standby/Sleep) and S4 (Hibernate) normally work fine, as well as replugging the mouse. Razer is looking into this issue.