View Single Post
05-04-09, 07:22 PM   #1
PerfectH
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
[Suggestion]: Concerning Clean Updates

A few weeks ago I redownloaded the latest version of Curse Client and I liked it, however, it did something I wasn't too fond of: upon performing an AddOn update, it deletes the AddOn(s) it's updating then reinstalls it with a fresh copy.

While for the casual user this probably isn't a problem at all, but with my UI setup, I have my own custom artwork and stuff saved inside the AddOn folder.

For instance, I have inside kgPanels a folder I created for my UI's artwork, and I'd like it to stay there. When I performed an update on Curse Client, it deleted the current kgPanels folder from my AddOn directory and replaced the entire folder with a new version, thus deleting my custom art. Lucky for me, I had a back up.

Anyways, I guess my point is please, if it's not too much trouble, at least make a client-end option to prevent this from happening. Thank you and great job on the updater so far!

P.S. I recently subscribed to WoWI to help support the website because I use this website just about everyday, will there be any special exclusive features in MMOUI Minion that will be for Site Supporters such as myself?