View Single Post
05-07-09, 12:11 AM   #8
Graloth
Premium Member

Originally Posted by PerfectH View Post
A few weeks ago I redownloaded the latest version of Curse Client and I liked it, however, it did something I wasn't too fond of: upon performing an AddOn update, it deletes the AddOn(s) it's updating then reinstalls it with a fresh copy.

While for the casual user this probably isn't a problem at all, but with my UI setup, I have my own custom artwork and stuff saved inside the AddOn folder.

For instance, I have inside kgPanels a folder I created for my UI's artwork, and I'd like it to stay there. When I performed an update on Curse Client, it deleted the current kgPanels folder from my AddOn directory and replaced the entire folder with a new version, thus deleting my custom art. Lucky for me, I had a back up.

Anyways, I guess my point is please, if it's not too much trouble, at least make a client-end option to prevent this from happening. Thank you and great job on the updater so far!

P.S. I recently subscribed to WoWI to help support the website because I use this website just about everyday, will there be any special exclusive features in MMOUI Minion that will be for Site Supporters such as myself?
About your artwork, i've had the same problem, but decided to go another route that would (hopeully) prevent it from happening again regardless of what updater i would use.

I simply created a folder for my textures inside the Interface folder, right next to the AddOn folder, while its probably not the best idea it works perfectly for me and it doesn't get deleted or anything when updating