View Single Post
01-05-10, 01:42 AM   #6
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Its nonsense if you ask me. They can put the time and resources into using WOW to bust some poor sucker for selling pot but they can't/won't do anything about the 419 scams?

The things posted in that Yahoo story are flukes. "lucky breaks" as the cops would put it. I would not expect to see any fluctuation in arrests made because of Blizzards cooperation with the police. Further more this is one federal marshal we are talking about who just happened to play WOW and knew how it worked. This knowledge and know how is not something common to federal agents.

How do i know these things? Its simple... I'm currently fighting a case involving so called internet crimes, i was accused of hacking, violations of privacy and communication among other things. Want to know what really happened? G/f and i allowed this girl to stay at our house, she had posted an add online claiming she was knocked up and had no place to go so we took her in. Well within a few days it was clear her storys were not matching up. She posted ultra sounds of twins on her myspace claiming she had gone to the doctor that day and they were hers but she sat on m y couch all day that day and the days prior. She was using my computers and internet constantly. So when we figured out something was amiss we put a keylogger on the computer she uses all the time and proceeded to see what she was up to all the time on the computer and try to find out what the real story is. Turns out she was a scam artist she bounces from one place to the next with some crazy sob story leechs everything she can until the people figure it out and moves on to the next. I completely exposed her on myspace and forewarned all her next targets. Of course we kicked her out immediately.

The next day the police show up, no warrants no nothing claiming they had a report that i was a crazy computer hacker, which i suppose to the naked eye, when you walk into my living room and there is a massive liquid cooled comp sitting there and tons of other comps i could see how one might assume.... they proceed to try to break down my door and tazer me when i refused to allow them to arrest me with no evidence or warrants, idiot could not even tell me what i had done wrong. What was their reason? they had a report i was a crazy computer hacker. End result.... i am in the process of fighting a resisting arrest charge, since all charges of hacking or invasion of privacy were thrown out, and i am suing the piss out of the county sheriffs department. Plain and simple it was my house my internet my computer. I have every right to check out what someone is doing on my stuff including getting into their email, myspace or what ever else. YOU DO NOT have the right to privacy in that instance.

I was also ALMOST the target of the 419 scams and would have been outed $6,000 had i not caught on before it was to late. Straight from the mouth's of the FBI "we do not have the man power or the know how to handle even a fraction of online crimes or happenings" was their response multiple times when i called attempting to tell them how to go about at lest starting to put a dent into the 419 scams.

So while your being robbed for thousands of dollars by some jerk off in Nigeria the police are busy arresting billy joe bob from down the road for smoking pot or protecting himself and his property.

Who are the real criminals?

BTW side note: western union hangs posters in its windows that say "send money safely to Nigeria" yes that right it said Nigeria on it. There is no such thing as safe money to Nigeria. The country actually runs schools that teach people how to run online scams. It was their answer to poverty.

GrimUI
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Grimsin : 01-05-10 at 01:45 AM.