View Single Post
03-31-10, 04:08 PM   #6
quasipolymath
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Gsusnme View Post
I would agree with Petrah, generally if your account info is stolen, you don't know about it until some time later.
Either this is a case of coincidental bad timing (e.g. your info was stolen 6+ months ago and thye only JUST used the info and now to you it looks like something other than it is.); or this was some kind of very personal attack in which case you may want to look more closely at someone who may have had access to your pc, your wifi, or check for any physical key-loggers plugged into your machine.

And of course, contact Blizzard support A.S.A.P. and let them know what happened, and make sure you have changed your password.
Done, done, and done. To respond: NOBODY could have had access to any of my hardware physically at 4:30 in the morning with me asleep in the next room of my own house, except my dog. I run pretty strict and redundant encryption/security on all of my pcs and my wifi. Running deep virus scanning multiple times this afternoon turned up nothing. This isn't surprising, since (as I said) I'm running on a fresh Vista install and (as I didn't say) I don't use that particular PC for anything but WoW, not even browsing the web. I have since changed my password and added an authenticator to the account.

HOWEVER. The last thing I did before all of this happened was install minion. 3 hours later, boom, account hack.