View Single Post
11-09-08, 11:29 AM   #16
rcdyer1984
A Murloc Raider

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Kleo View Post
If that person has included a file that says "You need my permission to redistribute it" then you'd damn well better get their permission to redistribute it.
The OP and I have already agreed that this is true and that the gray area lies in how "obvious" a place that the author should post this information.
Originally Posted by Kleo View Post
Ignorance of the law is no excuse for breaking it. Why would you think someone should shove it in your face when they've made all the tools available to you?
Actually, it is. Example. You are driving from point A to point B. There are no speed limit signs. A cop pulls you over for speeding. Are you going to have to pay the ticket? No. (This has happened to me lol.) And I didn't say anything about shoving things in people's faces, I only said that the emphasis on his request should reflect how important the request is to him.
And if it's too much trouble to take a look at a readme before redistributing it under your name, then shame on you.
The uploaders of compilations that are not filed under the suites category don't redistribute addons under their own name. I don't understand how that is a confusing concept for you.