View Single Post
07-26-15, 10:52 AM   #9
Jasmer
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Okay, had a chance to try out the petframe suggestion. It worked, petframe stayed put, but it still caused taint. Near as I can tell it didn't actually cause any problems in the UI, and this is the whole extent of the taint log below. It was only 6 lines, and occurred in the first fight I got into, which was some random elite a few levels above me, so it was long and drawn out.

Code:
7/26 09:25:53.004  Interface\FrameXML\PetActionBarFrame.lua:97
7/26 09:25:53.004  An action was blocked in combat because of taint from JasmerUI - PetActionBarFrame:Hide()
7/26 09:25:53.004      Interface\FrameXML\PetActionBarFrame.lua:99
7/26 09:25:53.211  Interface\FrameXML\PetActionBarFrame.lua:81
7/26 09:25:53.211  An action was blocked in combat because of taint from JasmerUI - PetActionBarFrame:Show()
7/26 09:25:53.211      Interface\FrameXML\PetActionBarFrame.lua:83
I wound up using the following to move both frames, so far no problems. I think the reason it wasn't working for the pet frame earlier is I might not have actually exited the game, just did a /reload, I don't remember though. Either way, only tested on my hunter and rogue. No taint log, frames stay put now.

Lua Code:
  1. PetFrame:SetMovable(true)
  2. PetFrame:ClearAllPoints()
  3. PetFrame:SetPoint("CENTER", PlayerFrame, "CENTER", -60, 100)
  4. PetFrame:SetUserPlaced(true)
  5. PetFrame:SetMovable(false)
  7. TargetFrameToT:SetMovable(true)
  8. TargetFrameToT:ClearAllPoints()
  9. TargetFrameToT:SetPoint("CENTER", TargetFrame, "CENTER", 60, 100)
  10. TargetFrameToT:SetUserPlaced(true)
  11. TargetFrameToT:SetMovable(false)

I feel like I'd prefer to hook them but the ToT frame wouldn't move at all when I did, trying both Seerah's suggestion and adapting Resike's to TargetFrameToT. I just woke up after a really long night at work though so blonde moments may have happened and I may have goofed it up. The suggested hook for the PetFrame caused the above mentioned taint, however small it seems to be. I'll try them again tomorrow morning after work when I have time to play, on a fresh restart and game load and everything.