View Single Post
01-11-06, 10:08 AM   #37
Gaal
A Fallenroot Satyr
Okay, we're having issues now. Last release, apparently people had problems that I didn't experience in the slightest. Now, however, when setting compact mode I can't seem to get my custom colors to appear (mainly the background of the simple mode tooltip). It insists on coloring it green in custom mode, even if I set it to a blue tint. If I put it on difficulty mode, it gets brighter green. and finally, if I use reaction I get a VERY bright green. The other tooltips appear to work okay if you don't count the lack of opacity control (they're all solid).

Also, when you mentioned having a border in simple mode, I guess I was rathered disappointed by what it turned out to be. I thought we were going to get border color choices and an option to have the border or not when using Simple mode. As it is, the border is always black and shows on about half of the tooltips total.

None of these cause errors though, which is the only thing keeping me from reverting.

Also, unrelated to problems....
I've developed my own way of viewing "level out of range" numbers and Elite, etc. tags. Instead of the "??" and the "+", "++", etc. I modified it to take my level (local varhilevel), add 10 and output the result as (varhilevel.."+") so it's easy to say "the annoying undercooked-burger that just killed me is 48+ (since I'm 38 now, that works perfectly cause anywhere above that and it would should "??"). Then instead of plus signs, I have it output the complete word "Elite", "RareElite", "WorldBoss", etc etc.

This is where the issue resides for me when installing your updates, that I have to open up the main lua file and make sure you haven't reworked how these things are found, then make my adjustment again. I'm trying to find a way for me to either replace your texts in a separate addon (a local custom addon that just tweaks things for myself) or should I be asking you for a solution? I haven't looked at the custom variables mode for tipbuddy yet. Would it be possible to make these changes persist between addon updates by doing it there (thus using savedvariables instead of lua modifications) or would it be easier for me to just continue doing what I'm doing?

hmm...wonder if I could write a batch file or something to search out the place in the lua file and add my adjustments...--brainstorms--.

Last edited by Gaal : 01-11-06 at 10:23 AM.