Thread: MazzleGASM FAQ
View Single Post
02-08-07, 05:35 PM   #8
VincentSDSH
Non-Canadian Luzer!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
Honestly, I would tell the people that they are being naive. If they are concerned about inappropriate content and they deem "Mazzlegasm" as inappropate, then they shouldn't be or let their kids be anywhere near WoW. The suggestiveness of the syllable "gasm" is trivial compared to the lewd stuff that her kids are GUARANTEED to run across in general chat and interaction with the crude teens and 20-somethings that make up the majority of the MMO population, profanity filter or not. Heck, that syllable isn't even as suggestive as the official content of some of the /flirt and /silly emotes that come with the game.
Excuse me, Mazzle? It's your suggestion that I argue with people in /tells b/c a mod does something that's over-the-top? I've never seen a mod automatically yell at people in a way beyond my control -- without my knowledge, in fact -- and you say I now have to debate with these people? The point isn't that they're over-sensitive, the point is I have no warning about it before hand and nor control over it doing it or not.

I'm not offended by it -- I think it's daft but I'm not offended -- but I AM on a role-play server and it's hardly appropriate for any char I have to be yelling that.

If you don't want to take it out, fine, I can mod the localization file in the Mazzifier dir to nix the message. But don't tell me that on top of having my char do something I'm not in control of I then have to argue with people about what is/isn't appropriate because if your sensibilities. And that doesn't address the people who slammed me on /ignore b/c of it.

Ya know, I was pretty sanquine about it till your post there Mazzle.