Thread: MazzleGASM FAQ
View Single Post
02-08-07, 05:50 PM   #9
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by VincentSDSH
Excuse me, Mazzle? It's your suggestion that I argue with people in /tells b/c a mod does something that's over-the-top? I've never seen a mod automatically yell at people in a way beyond my control -- without my knowledge, in fact -- and you say I now have to debate with these people? The point isn't that they're over-sensitive, the point is I have no warning about it before hand and nor control over it doing it or not.

I'm not offended by it -- I think it's daft but I'm not offended -- but I AM on a role-play server and it's hardly appropriate for any char I have to be yelling that.

If you don't want to take it out, fine, I can mod the localization file in the Mazzifier dir to nix the message. But don't tell me that on top of having my char do something I'm not in control of I then have to argue with people about what is/isn't appropriate because if your sensibilities. And that doesn't address the people who slammed me on /ignore b/c of it.

Ya know, I was pretty sanquine about it till your post there Mazzle.
Oh, for crying out loud. That's just ridiculous. I was obviously not literally telling you to argue with all people who message you. You said some people contacted you saying that it was inappropriate for the environment. I think they're wrong, and I was telling you why I think they're wrong. To respond to their argument, I did that in the natural context of responding to what they said.

If you agree and want to tell them that. Go ahead. If you agree and don't want to argue, don't. If you don't agree at all, great. I don't care what you do. I certainly was not giving you a rule of thumb on how I think you should deal with people. I was simply telling you why I don't find their arguments persuasive.