Thread: MazzleGASM FAQ
View Single Post
02-09-07, 02:37 AM   #11
TigerHeart
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Pockie
I found it incredibly annoying, and became quite angry when I realised what the UI had done without me knowing/wanting it to happen.

An addon that takes control of my character without my consent is in my book completely unacceptable (throttle or no throttle). And having to hide in an instance in order to reconfigure seems completely pointless.
You did tell the AddOn to mazzify you did you not? . The emote is simply part of the mazzification process. Did you know that every time you zone into a new zone, a message is sent out to the interface to change your channels and tell you where you are now? Did you request this information? Not everything needs to be exclusively 'I pressed the button and it happened' (thank god). While many people may not like it, there are so many more that actually sit back, remember it is just a game, and get a good chuckle out of it.

The yell on the mazzify, is actually much less 'intrusive' then many other UI compilations have been using for a long time. Take one example: have you ever been in a city, and all of a sudden someone emotes:
/me has entered the game.

This is actually coming from a UI compilation, and is their 'signature' that happens each and every time that person logs into the game.

The fact you feel you need to hide in an instance every time you configure your interface shows you really aren't into the spirit the UI brings. Try to lighten up a bit, realize it's just a game, and actually try to enjoy yourself a bit. You might find you actually enjoy it too lol.

Also, players on RP-servers will automatically be breaking the RP-policies when using MazzleUI.

This is completely untrue. You must not play on an RP realm as I do (where there are a great many MazzleUI users). The yell is quite RP safe, and in some cases, may even cause people to mistake you for an RP'er if they do not know what MazzleUI is.

Unless you have a really good reason for it to be there (except free advertising), I would not recommend anyone to use this UI because of that. So is there anyway you can justify it being there, except for giggles?

It's not about the advertising. It's for the fun. The UI has a great deal of humor in it, as I'm sure you know from reading all of the FAQ entries? If you find this single event that happens only but once in the rare occasion that you actually must 'mazzify', then perhaps yeah, this UI is not for you. Nobody ever said you *had* to use it. If you don't like it, well, then, don't use it. I believe the ultimate philosophy Mazzle is trying to achieve here, is to make a UI compliation that many people can have fun with. 'Fun' being the operative word.

Let me ask you this, since you asked Mazzle why the yell is there... Why do you not like it? Or better yet, why do you abhor it so deeply you can rate the entire interface upon that single event? That's like saying... there's a smudge on the windshield of my new porche... I don't want it anymore.

This is the same attitude Blizzard sees all the time. People saying "I don't like what you did, so I'm gonna quit", and guess what? You see the same person a week, a month, and even a year later still complaining. You know what? If you don't like it, don't use it. Simple as that. Mazzle isn't making the UI to please any one person, and degrading or threatening him for any reason over it, will not make you heard (not that saying "I won't use it because" is a threat or anything lol). Want to be heard? Give well thought out, concise, and extremely viable reasons why something should be changed, and there's good chance Mazzle will at the very least consider it.

-TigerHeart