Thread: MazzleGASM FAQ
View Single Post
02-09-07, 02:59 AM   #14
Pockie
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by TigerHeart
You did tell the AddOn to mazzify you did you not? . The emote is simply part of the mazzification process. Did you know that every time you zone into a new zone, a message is sent out to the interface to change your channels and tell you where you are now? Did you request this information? Not everything needs to be exclusively 'I pressed the button and it happened' (thank god). While many people may not like it, there are so many more that actually sit back, remember it is just a game, and get a good chuckle out of it.
That is probably the worst excuse ever. I told MazzleUI that I wanted it to mazzify, but I had no idea that I would start moaning, dancing and yelling. I am enjoying the game, but I have no wish for an addon to start doing things on my behalf - except making the game easier to play.

The yell on the mazzify, is actually much less 'intrusive' then many other UI compilations have been using for a long time. Take one example: have you ever been in a city, and all of a sudden someone emotes:
/me has entered the game.
Only because other UI-compilations do similar things does not excuse MazzleUI's behaviour.

The fact you feel you need to hide in an instance every time you configure your interface shows you really aren't into the spirit the UI brings. Try to lighten up a bit, realize it's just a game, and actually try to enjoy yourself a bit. You might find you actually enjoy it too lol.
Now, trying to make fun of me and ridiculing me is not really helping your case.

I had no idea I was buying into a spirit. I thought I had downloaded a nice UI-mod, not a way of thinking about how the game should be played.

This is completely untrue. You must not play on an RP realm as I do (where there are a great many MazzleUI users). The yell is quite RP safe, and in some cases, may even cause people to mistake you for an RP'er if they do not know what MazzleUI is.
Right. I play on a RP-realm, and I have no idea how an "intense mazzlegasm" can be roleplay. But sure, I guess we have differenting views on "roleplay".

Nobody ever said you *had* to use it. If you don't like it, well, then, don't use it. I believe the ultimate philosophy Mazzle is trying to achieve here, is to make a UI compliation that many people can have fun with. 'Fun' being the operative word.
Again, I didn't think I was downloading a certain spirit. I know I don't have to use it, I was asking a question based upon my assumption on how an addon should (and should not) work. If we are dealing with an entire philosophy, I am not interested. Also, if you believe that people who do not adhere to this philosophy can't have fun and can't relax, I really don't want a part of it. You are acting incredibly arrogant here.

If the yell is just for fun, in other words "just for giggles", I won't use MazzleUI. Don't worry about it. I just wanted an answer, and I think I got one. It's there because you think it's funny and you don't really care about your end-users.

Let me ask you this, since you asked Mazzle why the yell is there... Why do you not like it? Or better yet, why do you abhor it so deeply you can rate the entire interface upon that single event? That's like saying... there's a smudge on the windshield of my new porche... I don't want it anymore.
If the Porche, by default, yelled "I just had an intense porchegazm" every time I changed something in the engine, I have a feeling you would see a lot of similar criticism against it.

Want to be heard? Give well thought out, concise, and extremely viable reasons why something should be changed, and there's good chance Mazzle will at the very least consider it.
I thought I was. I found it unacceptable, and wanted to know why it is there. I got it confirmed by you that it's just there for giggles. What I did not ask for was your arrogance and rudeness against me.

And seeing the other reply, that came during me writing this, I can tell that the only thing I will get is a "lol get a life". I hope that perhaps Mazzlefizz himself can answer and be nice at the same time. Even a "it's just for fun, it's there to stay, we like it" would be enough.