Thread: MazzleGASM FAQ
View Single Post
02-09-07, 04:40 AM   #18
Pockie
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by owensd
Do you know how to use a text editor? Do you know how to search for text in a file? At the very least, you can change the message that it sends out to something you feel is more "appropriate" (or to nothing at all) without any knowledge of LUA.

LUA/WoW API
http://www.wowwiki.com/World_of_Warcraft_API - pay special attention to the SendChatMessage command that is used to send a message.
I'm not talking about myself here. Not everyone is as computer-adept as you and (to a lesser extent) me. I know a lot of my friends who would just look at his addon-folder, sigh and then uninstall the whole thing.

And why should you have to hack the code in the first place? A lot of the MuzzleUI is user-friendly, with a lot of menues and things to tweak. But for removing an emote that one does not like you have to either turn off the whole UI or hack the code? Sounds weird to me.

I am no longer talking about myself and MazzleUI, I am no longer interested in using it. But I still believe that the criticism is in order. I am still waiting for a proper, non-defensive reply to my original question.