Thread: MazzleGASM FAQ
View Single Post
02-09-07, 05:40 AM   #19
owensd
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Pockie
I'm not talking about myself here. Not everyone is as computer-adept as you and (to a lesser extent) me. I know a lot of my friends who would just look at his addon-folder, sigh and then uninstall the whole thing.

And why should you have to hack the code in the first place? A lot of the MuzzleUI is user-friendly, with a lot of menues and things to tweak. But for removing an emote that one does not like you have to either turn off the whole UI or hack the code? Sounds weird to me.

I am no longer talking about myself and MazzleUI, I am no longer interested in using it. But I still believe that the criticism is in order. I am still waiting for a proper, non-defensive reply to my original question.
You've had different responses to your original question; no, there doesn't need to be a disclaimer. You want feature X removed because you don't like it. You don't want to use MazzleUI because of feature X. OK - don't use it. But essentially your claim is that you don't like feature X so Mazzle must provide a way for you to not use feature X (and that way must be acceptable to you) otherwise you won't use his addon. That to me is pretty extreme. There's no way that Mazzle can create all of the options to support this type of argument.

Also, you've taken it an even further extreme in which the only person you'll allow a fix to the problem from is Mazzle. I've told you how you can go about fixing the issue you don't like but that's not an acceptable solution because you "feel" you shouldn't have to mess with those types of things in order to get the behavior that you want. That's unfair and creates expectations from Mazzle that can never be met.

There's obviously a reason why I went looking in the code for where this happens, I didn't like it. However, I think that there is some great value in this addon as a whole and to not use it because of one thing seems a bit silly to me, especially given the amount of work you had to do to even get it installed properly.