View Single Post
07-19-15, 08:57 AM   #15
MacDubhgal
A Murloc Raider

A sad day for WoW players the world over. Cladhaire. Thank you. From the bottom of my Orcy little heart. Yours were the first addons I installed, and they have been a mainstay on my system ever since. I was another of those Molten Core Irregulars. Raiding. Dying. Winning. "Serious Raiders Need Only Apply" was a concept we all laughed at, because We're here to have fun. When the game stops being fun (or addon development I suppose) it's time to walk away. Do it with a smile, and knowing you got what you came for, but there are other ways to achieve the same satisfaction and feeling of being a part of something.

I am so sorry to hear of your sad news. My sincerest condolences, and know that with time comes healing. The loss will always be there, but the hurt of it will slowly be replaced by fond memories and a kind of satisfaction that she is out of harm's way. I lost my Mom not too long ago, and I know how that can affect you. Really... My heartfelt wishes to you for healing, laughter, joy in your life, and with that fellow you wrote my favorite addons for.

Lightheaded and TomTom don't have much competition for one reason. They do what they're meant to do, and they do it really well. The programmers at WoW have made them a tiny little bit less absolutely necessary than they once were, but I can't imagine living without them. I hope you do find someone with the same vision and enthusiasm you've had for them over the years to take over. If not, then as always, we the players will adapt.

Thank you for the creation. Thank you for the support. Thanks for sticking with us through the years, even while life went sideways. You made a difference. I for one, will miss you, and we've never even met. Take care, and be well.