View Single Post
05-10-10, 11:16 AM   #2
Wella
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Ferous' UI? Yep, definitely.

iLive UI? Nice and clean, but chat box backgrounds are always pointless (in my opinion). Other than that, well constructed and a nice overall colour theme (or rather lack of colour).

Atarah's UI is actually quite original and nice to look at, except the overall scale of the thing is a bit overwhelming. It seems to throw loads of things at me at once, which would distract me from the actual game - but I suppose if you're used to the UI after playing with it for some time, it won't make much difference.

Kamí's UI is a real breath of fresh air for me, after seeing all of these obscurely minimal UIs. I think this UI goes back to what minimal is really all about - only displaying exactly what you need at the right moments, at the same time as keeping as much of the screen clear as humanly possible. This one does that pretty damn well.

Now, as for Munglunch's UI, I'm not too sure what's so amazingly original here. Sure, it's a pretty decent UI on its own (although a bit messy), but 'A comic UI!'? Seriously? He just used a comic-style font and inserted the word 'Meanwhile...' above the minimap. As clever as this is, I don't think you can call this UI ground-breaking: it simply adds some pretty cool visual perks to a tried-and-tested UI style.

Davelukewski's UI? Heh, I don't think we need to say much about this, but I will still mention the fact that this UI, as absurd as it may look to most people, obviously suits this player and their playstyle, or he/she wouldn't be using it. In fact, looking at it more closely, it does provide all the information you'd need in any situation without having to move your eyes too far.

But my eyes would still bleed.
* ncHoverBind - I'm a Lock, what can you expect?
* oGlow - Agan, a missing feature
* Recount - Derp
* ShooShards - Another missing feature

"Your idea is good. So i will try it."
- popmissa