View Single Post
04-15-09, 07:33 PM   #417
Vyper
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by guice View Post
I'm still questioning how much of a "work-with" WoWI supplied. The first post stated they asked WM to stop. As far as I know, it went no further than that. Asking somebody to stop is not working with: it's the exact opposite. It is asking nicely, but not "working with."

As for ad revenue. Anybody that understands the nature of the internet and business models, economics (I'm not expert, but I understand) knows that ad revenue is one of the worst business models around. Sure, you can get lucky with it and make some money off it, but as users find more and more ways to block ads or just ways to ignore them in general, it'll fall. Ad-revenue based business models are destined to fail. The only question is when.

So complaining about taking away ad-revenue is the same thing as saying "I'm not smart enough to think of a better business model, yet."
Here you go:
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Why don't you work together with WowMatrix?
We have tried to contact them. Curse has tried to contact them. One day, WM and Curse actually did talk about a possible deal. WowMatrix offered them a mere fraction of the costs they cause Curse in order to keep doing what they were doing. When Curse said, "wait, no - you cause us to spend 20 times that on bandwidth," wowmatrix basically gave them the finger and ignored them again. At this point, we find it morally reprehensible to try to work out a deal with someone that has absolutely no respect for us, Curse, the authors, or the community. All wowmatrix wants is their "cut of the market" - they have *never ever* been a part of the community, tried to work things out respectfully with the addon sites, or been a part of discussions with users/authors.
In other words, WoWMatrix would not even speak to WoWI.

As for your tripe about ad revenue being a bad business model, it seems to work ok for Google.