View Single Post
04-17-09, 04:03 AM   #7
Garonne
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Unbelievable View Post
I also think (and hope) that in time Blizzard may revise it's policy.. unless they specifically want to reduce the number of quality mods out there.. which seems contrary to Blizzards own text, as well as being stupidly counter-productive.
Destroying high-quality mods is definitely counter-productive... The possibility to use mods like Carbonite or similar AddOns is one thing which made me switch from GuildWars to World of Warcraft. Questing in GuildWars is a pain in the ass... Literally... You have to look up most of the Quests in those well known wikis and forums and sites and crap... So basically 90% of the time you are playing you constantly switch between the game and Questing-Informations.

I decided to play WoW (and spend 13 Euro each month) because Questing in WoW is a little bit easier... Ok, Quests here are more or less easier by design, but using Carbonite makes it a damn lot easier still.

I guess if Blizz manages it to destroy Addons like Carbonite and similar ones, they would see a decline in active accounts, as a lot of people would possibly switch to GW instead...