View Single Post
08-10-09, 02:16 AM   #16
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by gmhowell View Post
And the new patch... There are a ton of addons that will be updated. It would be nice to have that done automagically. But with so much stuff going on, it could lead to some strangeness. How, I don't know, but it could.
IMHO It find it better to disable the addons that cause problems (1). I make a list of the ones not working. I then wait for them to be updated (I get emails about my updated addons).

Then over the next week or so after the patch I actively seek either a fix , update or replacement for the non working ones. For me it does mean sometimes having to edit a bit of lua code myself but I'm a technically oriented guy so I can handle it. Just means when re-updating an addon i've down an lua fix for I gotta look at the version history of the latest update

(1) This task made much easier with ACP and LoadIt as I can save sets of addons and enable/disable addons in game
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)