View Single Post
08-31-12, 11:54 PM   #306
schizophrena
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by jovenyoung View Post
I donated to the original authors a couple of years ago and never got invited into the donor forum area or got a thank you or anything. I didn't really care because I felt they did a nice job on an addon I enjoyed. I do believe that they do owe us at least the respect of saying something about if they will continue with this addon or not. Thanks again for your great work on getting it working again. It works great for what my wife and I use it for and I sent you some beer money. Don't get too drunk 8)
According to the Sticky thread above, there are instructions on how *YOU* should proceed if you want to be added to the supporters section. An excerpt is below - but please check the sticky thread for exact information and screenshots.
=====
If you have donated to Carbonite you are welcome to join our Carbonite Supporters Forum.

Please follow the instructions below and be sure to include your email address or PayPal transaction ID (request reason field). Without your email address/transaction ID we have no way of tracking your donation down. Any requests that can't be matched will be denied. If your request was denied please send another join request and check that your email information is correct or try to provide other information to help us out. I can only add you to this group via a join request. Thanks for your support!
=====
I am a supporter, have been for many years (and was also paying back when they could accept payments). As for letting us know when they will not be supporting the addon, they have told us numerous times in the past that they will let the community know when and if they decide to no longer support Carbonite. Until such a time, we should assume they will. Also understand that, as I remember, they are not very active in WoW anymore - and that may add more wait time to their response time as well.