View Single Post
06-03-08, 12:40 PM   #62
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Jelan View Post
I just wanted to answer latest Mazzlefizz post regarding auto-leveling or bot programs. The key thing about those programs regarding the EULA is that they alter your game play, "the gaming experience" since they automate stuff. Reading the memory is just fine, it's a common thing to do on a computer, your anti virus does it all the time. As i pointed out in my reply to Silenia, Magelo Sync does not modify or enhance your game play in anyway and we dont data mine.
While I agree that the spirit of Blizzard rules is to prevent things that change the "gaming experience" as you say, I don't think the rules set up any provision for people just to say our app has good intentions and is thus OK. They do the judicious thing and say every app that does anything remotely close to this is not OK unless we say otherwise. I really do hope they grant you such an exception -- everyone seems to rave about the quality of your site -- but I don't think you can just claim "reading memory is fine" like that.

But now that you're here, if you don't mind me asking, why don't you just get the information via an add-on or the armoury? I don't understand what additional benefit you're getting from scanning memory at run-time like you are. It seems like you're doing a lot of work and setting up lots of legal hoops to jump through for no additional benefit.

Oh, and thanks for replying in person!