View Single Post
06-12-08, 01:21 PM   #73
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by saanlem View Post
I can cast some light on this Magelo thing. as I played EQ for 5 years.
Magelo can be said to be a "profile" site.
If you paid a subscription, Magelo would "pull" your characters stats from EQ. In my day, the raiding guilds required members to have a "Magelo" profile. This was the only way for others to see your stats and equipment.
The free profile did not "pull" your stats. You had to go into the "paperdoll" and manually add the armor slots you had.
EQ (Sony) later tried to do something similar, but did not work very well when I left a year ago. Besides, you had to PAY extra! Boggle!

Blizzards Armory is by far better than Magelo and EQ's attempt. Besides, it comes with the game!
I guess you didn't read the post's by Cairenn. What you enlightened us with was absolutely nothing. Everyone seems to understand how it works and what it does. People's concern is not what Magelo can do but weather it is allowed by Blizzard because it as a program that runs with WoW (not an addon) and collects data. Thia can be seen by the WoW client (program) as a "Bot" or Unauthorized program and cause you to get banned. Until Blizzard says one way or a another it is suggested that you wait and don't use it.

--> Cairenn,
I saw on Magelo's website that Blizzard Europe gave it a small mention on it's Community News section ... could this be a good sign?

Blizzard Europe