View Single Post
06-15-08, 01:52 AM   #78
Bomyne
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I just spoke to a GM over this...

<GM> Cleaphesta: Greetings Bemily! This is Game Master Cleaphesta and I've just received your petition. Do you have a moment to speak with me regarding this issue
Bemily: Sure
Cleaphesta: Fantastic! I understand that you had a question about a program?
Bemily: Yes
Cleaphesta: Can you tell me a little more about the situation, please
Bemily: I found the program \"Magelo\" and I was intrigued by it. What it does is it creates a character profile page with extreme detail (including 3d model), all the items in your inventory, etc. But what raises the red flag for me is the fact that it
Bemily: runs concurrently with wow and detects what char is logged in
Cleaphesta: And this is an add-on, then?",
Bemily: No
Cleaphesta: Sorry about that delay, just trying to look it up here
Cleaphesta: Taking a look here, it does indeed appear to be legitmate. I would recommend checking the forums though to see what types of experiences other players have had with it
Bemily: I have checked the forums. I posted a thread myself and there is one other thread, but no one can give a clear answer
Cleaphesta: I do apologize, Bemily. But as In-Game Support, Game Masters really aren't able to provide any more information on it than what's already on the site.
Cleaphesta: As far as how it works, I would recommend contacting the company that produces it directly. As far as use, it is within policy.

They said it appears to be within policy.