View Single Post
06-15-08, 07:46 AM   #79
Kaomie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Bomyne View Post
They said it appears to be within policy.
That is not exactly what he said. He said it was legitimate and probably within the ToS ("As far as use"), but he does not know about the mechanics and whether they are okay or not ("As far as how it works"). More importantly he mentioned he has no authority on the matter which is true as Blizzard does not support any third party addon or program (but of course some may be tolerated). This is why more often than not for any problem or question regarding the UI the GMs answer is to uninstall everything and run the bare client

I am quite surprised actually by this discussion and the extra time the GM took to look closer into the question while he probably should not have. I am not 100% sure this is not somewhat a personal opinion rather than anything he would have solid information on, but who knows. Anyway GMs are not the way to go, really the only acceptable answer will be a blue post on the Official Forums, because then if anything happens with Warden you can always refer to the post and have your account unbanned, while I am not convinced quoting a GM would really help

Last edited by Kaomie : 06-15-08 at 07:50 AM.