View Single Post
06-07-16, 09:56 AM   #7
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Sorry I missed this topic, I solved this for weak auras a long time ago but they didn't get around to implementing it until recently.

The lag is caused by having word wrap enabled on a font string, and since this is generally only an issue for copying and pasting large amounts of text into and out of the game you can get around it by grabbing the editbox's font string and disabling "NonSpaceWrap", which is enabled by default and has no method on the edit box to turn it off.

Assuming you haven't called SetMultiLine or SetIndentedWordWrap on the edit box, all you need to do is run something like editbox:GetRegions():SetNonSpaceWrap(false) to disable it on the fontstring.

This will get rid of the lag but reduce you to a single line of text. If you'd like to still be able to view what's in the edit box you can create your own font string which truncates the text to whatever should be visible in the window.

Also, this problem should be somewhat mitigated in legion since I talked to a dev about it and he implemented a bandaid fix (eg. 3 seconds of lag instead of 60).