View Single Post
06-07-16, 06:31 PM   #8
Ketho
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by semlar View Post
Assuming you haven't called SetMultiLine or SetIndentedWordWrap on the edit box, all you need to do is run something like editbox:GetRegions():SetNonSpaceWrap(false) to disable it on the fontstring.

If I don't call SetMultiLine it already seems to almost completely reduce the lag, if I just wanted to copy/paste stuff.
Also tried :GetRegions():SetNonSpaceWrap(false) but not sure if it had any effect. I honestly don't have much experience with the EditBox.

The used editbox for reference:
https://gist.github.com/anonymous/70...ad5bbaa5cb04f2

Originally Posted by semlar View Post
Also, this problem should be somewhat mitigated in legion since I talked to a dev about it and he implemented a bandaid fix (eg. 3 seconds of lag instead of 60).

Is this already implemented? I didn't benchmark how long it took, otherwise will have to test it on Live as Infus did

Originally Posted by Gethe View Post
Not being able to select the entire text is the main drawback to the design, but I added some bits that allow you to dump the buffer into a savedvar (passed to :New via the added 4th arg) when you click the page icon. You can then browse it at your leisure in your favorite text editor.

Probably could have documented that better, but w/e ...

Ow, didn't know about that yet. I'm a bit used that with most WoW libraries the documentation is in the library itself x)

Last edited by Ketho : 06-07-16 at 06:44 PM.