View Single Post
06-30-05, 10:54 AM   #21
spiritwolf
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Beladona
Quote:
I see this as a worthwhile addition, and think it would be easy to implement.

Think of it this way. Reverse rested xp.

When you spend lots of time at an inn, you gain rested xp. The opposite should be true when you spend lots of time AWAY from an inn. Think about it this way. The longer you play without visiting a location that would give you rested xp, the lower your xp ratio and drop rate chance gets. Don't modify people's stats or anything, as that can be seen as unbalancing. Simply make it so that the longer you play non-stop, the less chance you have of getting good drops (past green) and the less xp you get.

As an addition, they could implement negative rest. If your rest value is below 0, when you finally DO reach a place that allows you to rest, you have to make up that negative amount before you get back into the rested bonus again. So if I played 48 hours straight without resting, and my rest value was something like -200, I would have to gain that -200 to get back to 0 rest, and only then would I be able to acrue rest xp.

I am sure some people would not like the idea of drop rate reduction being tied into rest xp, and I agree that may be a bit much, but from the point of view of trying to prevent true farming bots from gaining anything, it really WOULD be effective...
This sounds like the fatigue in Star Wars Galaxies : from the first enemy you fight, you gaine fatigue, which is a mental disability. You have to rest your fatigue and heal it by watching dancers or listening to musicians. It was a way to give a purpose to these two professions, but the beneficial part is that you are forced to go to an inn from time to time, because your efficiency decreased a lot.

The idea could be exploited in WoW but should carrefully be planed as extremes could gank gameplay for casual gamers...

great idea tho Littlejohn !