Thread: alts
View Single Post
06-18-07, 10:43 AM   #16
Ringleron
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Originally Posted by zuriel
so how do i just reset the entire UI back to the old blizzard without any changes having been made?
Originally Posted by airdragon
Also if you want a completely full redo of it all deleting the WTF and Interface will return WoW to "Out of the Box" state.
Additionally, don't forget the Fonts folder in \Program Files\World of Warcraft. Delete that folder too (if you have it - If you installed MazzleUI, that folder will exist) to return WoW to "Out of the Box" state.

And for the record, I have another computer that has an outdated MazzleUI and without WoWAceUpdater. I also have to get the .NET framework from the link in the ReadMe file of WoWAceUpdater as well as update the WoW patches.

I followed the steps I onlined on this thread from renaming the WTF and Interface folders to installing the addons/libraries/fixes and updating them with WoWAceUpdater. It took a while (about 1 hour) because of the downloading of the .NET framework, installing/updating, etc. I logged into the game, loaded up my Warrior and did a complete Mazzification. Both Mazzify Me button appeared as well as the 2nd "Finish the Program" button. After the reloading of the UI, IMHO, the UI is what I expected with Bongo buttons, Autobar, Trinket menu, ItemRack on the right side, etc.

I then logged off and loaded my Paladin and did a complete Mazzification on that character. No "visible" problems.

Were there "fatalities" (i.e. errors in bugsack)? Yes, there are some, but, it doesn't make the UI unusable (i.e. no Bongo buttons, missing/blank map at the bottom center).

I find it really odd that "Main" character have no problem, yet the "Alts" have problems.

WoW can enable and disable addons PER CHARACTER. Maybe the "Alt" character has an addon that is enabled that is causing "it to go bad".