View Single Post
11-11-08, 10:09 PM   #16
Punkroxy
A Kobold Labourer

Mazzlle for v3.0.3 to WoTLK

I learned to play wow using Mazzle.
I as a newbie learning the game using Mazzle as the basis of the interface of WoW now find that when W o W breaks Mazzle with the patches,
I am sad because Mazzle was the interface I knew how to play wow with.

While I didn't know squat about compiling add-ons to work correctly together I was (addicted) to Mazzle and it was broke.
I decided I would Download Add-ons to replace the ones that were broken in Mazzle
While I have given up on the Automatic loader (Mazzlefier)
I learned how to manipulate the downloaded add-ons and configure them to my liking or to resemble the broken ones found in Mazzle.
Latest patch has made the grafic portion (Discord Unit frames) I believe.
The patch introduced 2 things that made me take a more active role in compiling a new U.I.
WoWAceUpdater stopped their support of that Valuable and lovely tool,
Hence This Site also introduced a new part to lower serverload they put alot of quickfix WoTLK updated add-ons in one quicklaunch type low grafix Webpage for quick downloading and stuff
Now both WowInterface and Curse both have interface update engines {for want of another term}
The main point I am trying to make here is that while I don't know squat about programming, I did learn how to manipulate the add-ons I replaced when a new patch broke the old ones.
That is what any new compilation of the Mazzle UI is so I encourage anyone that enjoyed Mazzle over the past year or so that everyone has the ability to compile a working version of the add-ons that make the game work like the former glory Mazzle had.

I Beg you all please lets all work together to make a working copy of Mazzle and share what works and what pitfalls you encountered during your repatching and Add-ons that needed to be replaced
I am not a programmer and i learned how to configer the addons to work like I needed them to in the game by compiling a set of add-ons that worked like to those Mazzle had originally
Thanx for your time I hope I did not bore you too much

We all can build Mazzle to her former glory!
Mazzle wants you!
Compile for a better Mazzle!

Punkroxy
Anub'arak
<The Metal Militia>