Thread: Lagging
View Single Post
04-11-11, 02:08 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
A few things:

1) First, let's find out if it is, indeed, Carbonite causing the lag. The only way to tell if Carbonite is causing the problem is to test with Carbonite as the Only Enabled AddOn. If the problem continues with Carbonite as the only enabled addon, then the problem is definitely caused by Carbonite, and you can probably straighten it out by doing this: Go to your "Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SavedVariables\" folder, and find the "Carbonite.lua" and "Carbonite.lua.bak" files and either rename or delete them. These files contain all of the set up information for Carbonite, so your installation of Carbonite will look and act as if you have just installed it for all of your characters.

2) Next: What, exactly, did you have Carbonite "scan" for having to do with quests. I don't ever remember seeing an option in Carbonite phrased like that.

3) Next: Do you have the Blizzard "zone (sometimes referred to as the "battleground) map" open while you are playing? I know there was a bug with Carbonite and that map that caused lagging. I'm not sure if it's been fixed yet, so it's worth a shot.

4) Finally: When you want to test something, there is absolutely no reason to uninstall anything. Just log out to the character selection screen and disable whatever addon in the "AddOns" window there. If you use something like Addon Control Panel (better known as ACP) there's no need to even go back to the character selection screen to disable an addon. Of course, you will have to reload the UI, but those type of addons have a button on their interface to do that, or you could just type "/rl" (without the quotes) into an open chat prompt.

I highly suggest that you open the main Carbonite folder and find the "CarboniteReadMe" plain text file there, and read it. It will explain quite a bit about how to set Carbonite up and what the different parts of Carbonite do.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 04-13-11 at 12:11 AM. Reason: More info.