View Single Post
03-09-09, 10:51 PM   #1
Aurorablade
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
SVN newbie questions

Okay so in my locked down SVN here on WoWI(IE private save for a friend whos helping me), i have just been really been doing informal checkin and checkouts.

So as i get closer to something semi useable for my mod i think i need to start doing things more 'formally'.

I have been trying to read up on things with the TortiseSVN site and some google searching but i think i need a more gentle (Read:Smack to head) hand here.

So, Changelogs proper way to do them..i noted tsvn:Logtemplate, but i am not sure if there is another way, Also the keywords part kind of threw me, so i can add revision, date, author etc to the change logs.

Externals, i use a few ace3 and some otherlibs, i know over at curse they use .pkgmeta, and theres an svn:externals but i am just utterly utterly lost on the proper way to pull them down.

Last one is a bit of a ethics question, I have one mod that is used as a dependancy, not made by me..but i have promission to use it. However i am hestient to upload it with my mod as i do not wish to get into trouble.Is it alright were i do give credit where credit is due?

Thanks in advance for anyhelp.