View Single Post
04-11-09, 03:10 PM   #160
Veniche
Premium Member

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hi everyone!

First a TL;DR: Onslaught UI will updated for 3.1, widescreen version only.

Wow, it's been a while since I posted here. Compared to my usual posting habit, I've been lacking. Thank you to all who have been here the longest (and are still here ).

As a busy college student, I've moved Onslaught UI down my list of priorities. More specifically, I haven't been as present to answer questions and comments. This sure sounds like I'm about to announce the end of Onslaught.

Don't worry though, I still plan to update Onslaught UI thoroughly when Patch 3.1 comes. I will be making such necessary updates like adding Omen integration, replacing Assessment with a more full featured damage meter, and actually updating kgPanels (, no more silvery white interface accidents).

Unfortunately, a cut has to be made somewhere. That is why I will not be updating the 1280x1024 version in the next update, and perhaps not for a while. If you think about it, because of the two radically different screen aspect ratios, everytime I make any change, I have to do it twice.

If you look at it this way, I can either spend twice as much time working on updates, or spend as much time making twice as many updates.

Now of course, not everyone uses a widescreen, but I believe it is certainly the majority of computer users out there who do.

If anyone's interested in statistics visit http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/. Keep in mind that widescreens (8:5) count as 1280x800, 1400x900, 1680x1050, 1920x1600, et al. So before pointing out that 1280x1024 is the most popular resolution, add the percentages of widescreen users.

Thanks all,
Veniche

MacBook 2.0 Ghz Aluminum

Twitter