View Single Post
12-17-13, 12:17 PM   #33
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
Okay, let’s clear up a few misconceptions:
  • Spiel2001 has not been banned from the site. <- true (so far)
  • He has not been suspended. <- sorta true -- I have not, my forums have, as was my status
  • He has not been shut down, banished or muted. <- sorta true... you removed my public response to your public lashing of me. I'd call that muted. The forums are all locked, I call that shut down. Modify any of the "nUI+ User Group" features.
  • He is still able to update existing files, upload new files, respond to posts and comments, start new threads. <- not true - the forums remain locked, except this one and all of the "nUI+ User Group" files remain locked to me
  • nUI has not been removed from the site. <- true (so far)
  • Users’ access to the files has not been removed. <- true
The only thing that has happened is that his Featured Artist status has been removed. <- not true. The forums remain locked, download areas for the premium nUI stuff remains locked
Nothing more. <- not true (see other notes)
And even with that he still has a forum of his own, unlike any other non-Featured Artist on the site. <- sorta true... I just can't post to it, nor can anyone else.
As well as his custom groups, which still exist and that he still has complete control over just as has always been the case. <- not true. I cannot control them, nor can they be accessed from the menus
And his supporter only version (nUI+) is still available to those who are members of that group, <- true
which again is still completely under his control. <- not true

As for the rest of it, I am talking to him directly. <- we are?
if you have sent me any private correspondence since the one you sent where you said we needed to talk, and to which I agreed to talk, and posted a public notice indicating my willingness to reconsider, all of which occurred before you closed all of my forums and removed my status without following through on your offer to talk. then I haven't seen it. We have talked about nothing. since you posted your public notice. It's still up. You closed my forums, they're still closed. You removed my status and its still removed. You removed my public response to your public notice, but left yours to me posted publicly. I don't see much talking going on here.

That all said, not withstanding the fact that you removed my post, I really don't see where there's anything left to talk about. The damage is done. I have no intention of apologizing for calling people out for bad behavior and standing up for myself against bullies and disrespectful people. Nor am I particularly interested in being forgiving.

So, there we are. I'll go my own way and we'll call it done.

And on that note, I'll log out and won't be back. Do with the nUI download areas, these forums and my login as you will.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

Last edited by spiel2001 : 12-17-13 at 12:23 PM.