View Single Post
07-06-10, 08:04 PM   #16
LittleWhiteDove
A Cobalt Mageweaver

This is part of the post I put in the official Blizzard forum but I am also posting it here as a warning/caution.

The change has already been introduced - not the showing of your real name but the legal right for Blizzard to use it..

A bit stupid of me not to read all the embedded links when I agreed to the new Terms of Use that I had to sign when I logged into account management today. The agreement for Terms of Use was last updated on May 26, 2010. There was nothing in the Terms of Use relating to this new policy that Blizzard is going to introduce to the Blizzard forums in the fall.

However, if one does follow all the links then one will find that (and I quote from the privacy policy as updated on June 30, 2010)
"...Blizzard sites may also have message boards, forums, and/or chat areas, where users can exchange ideas and communicate with one another. When posting to a message board, forum, or chat area, please be aware that the information is being made publicly available on-line and the user does so at his or her own risk. For certain forums, anyone posting or replying to a post will be doing so using their Real ID -- that is, their full first and last name -- with the option to also display the name of their primary in-game character. ... " (Does "chat areas" here refer to in game chat?)

So a caution to all. If you even want to pay your monthly bill, change your password, or what ever you will be giving Blizzard the right to use your real name should you post on the forums once the new ones are implemented.