View Single Post
11-05-09, 06:22 AM   #11
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
Where? I see a rep from cynics R us, one from club indecisive, and one from from bitter ex fanbois... but the sky remains intact.

I hoped to post this here to see feedback from both sides of the pond, while also getting the usual 'community' type behavior you just rarely see on oForums. There are plenty of sky is falling comments made on oForums, but only a little cynicism, doubt, and general disdain here, so far. Somehow, I can manage to find myself in all three categories. I don't see a direct implication that "Storecraft" was derived from this latest announcement, but has been an escalating factor in the development of paid services and items. Maybe you jumped to that conclusion by misinterpreting "Storecraft" to imply this announcement was the sole reason for his cynicism? In any case, I don't see kneejerk reactions yet... which would mean the sky is fine.

I guess I just don't see the point in mocking individuals in a thread, until there's real reason to (first blood).

And btw.. in at least two versions of Chicken Little, the sky actually did fall. Not that it will in this development.
My simple answer to this thread is that if I was to buy anything for a game with real money it would be to buy it from the owners of said game. Gold Sellers ? Never. If WoW ever offered the opportunity to convert real cash to game cash ? Definitely. That is the difference here.

But, we all have to realise this is a game and to react accordingly. It is one thing to spend $5 for an in game item or $20 for 1m gold ( if that ever happened ) but its another thing entirely to pay $50 for a vanity pet in a game if you really cannot afford such luxuries. Think before you buy is the obvious thought here.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818