View Single Post
09-10-12, 07:14 AM   #15
solipsist
A Defias Bandit
I work on and manage other people working on games all day long and have little desire after I drive my 45 minutes home to think about, play or work on more games. That would be like an auto mechanic coming home and then fixing his neighbors car for a few bucks, then the next neighbor and so on.
Then don't

Donations have been very low for the past few years. People generally won't pay for what they can get for free (thanks Blizzard).
I payed for a subscription back in the day, because i thought and still think this was the most awesome addon ever created. Blizzard in the time decided that such subscription based addons are against their terms of service. I wish it wouldn't be this way, but the fact is that it just IS this way.

Blizzard decided this, not us, the community. Should we as community be punished with a band aid addon with high mem/cpu usage? Should you punish yourself, by doing band aid fixes to an addon, where clearly you don't have the desire, time, passion, donationfunds to maintain this addon to an acceptable level?

In my opinion it's in your and our best intrest to release the sourcecode to us, the community, so you don't have to think and worry again about this addon, and we can rip its guts outside and in and recode the whole thing in the most beautifull, modular shiny code we all only could dream about at this stage.

It's not us who took your funds, it's Blizzard.... We guys supported you (financially), Blizzard didnt.... think about it.

Still, if you decide not to release the source code, then that's your good right. i just wanted to point this out to you. It seems that no-one benefits anything out of this situation.