View Single Post
11-09-18, 10:34 AM   #11
wartoshika
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
@tonyis3l33t:

The current stage of documenting the API is public visible via its GitHub repository and via nodejs (@wartoshika/wow-declarations).

This is a Typescript specific documentation type allowing to use it for autocompletion and method based documentation in the IDE. Together with the transpiler and the framework it should be a solid base.

Since a developer need low latency when autocompleting a function, where is no time to query the existing API on gamepedia.com. I prefer to mirror the existing documentation and update missing information on gamepedia.com by hand. Since the online documentation is in verry different formats, i cannot write a parser that can automaticly pick up the correct function arguments and types. But a public available repository on GitHub is a good base to share improvements that can be merged into gamepedia.com.

An other advantage on mirroring it to TypeScript declaration files is that every IDE can use the autocomplete and documentation data, no plugin is needed for a specific IDE.

@myrroddin:

I will keep this in mind when completing the documentation to use the name Lua correctly. Thanks for this information