View Single Post
07-03-05, 07:05 PM   #55
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
Originally Posted by guice
Not exactly. Farming for items would actually cause prices to go down. Supply vs demand; over supply and the price drops.

The biggest issue about farming itself is when people turn items they have into coin not gained by players (ie; merchants). When the ratio of money gained > money leaving the economy, the prices rise. Bot farming is the leading culprit.

Bots are bad ... and I do feel anybody that would vote for bots must be doing a bit of that nature his or herself or there wouldn't be an argument on their side. Who wants to see the price of their favorite lvl 45 staff/sword over 1k cause of farming?! An economy should never be allowed to the point where a user must bot just to keep up (if you want that goto Lineage II where I hear a lvl 20 item costs a couple million Adena).
Um quince you misread my post I was refering to people relying on teh increasingly rising averages provided by programs like auctioneer can cause a form of inflation.

and as far as botting goes I dont support it at all, and I think most of the people here that have said anything is that they believe that the econmy that blizzard's setup is more resistant to botting induced inflation than other MMORPG's and that it would be an interesting experiment to see if this was true.

I havn't actually seen anyone vote "Pro Bot" in all this, just that people would like to see the functionality of something like AutoTravel remain in the game in some form or fashion.

Anyone that needs what they want
And doesn't want what they need
I want nothing to do with