View Single Post
12-10-10, 10:10 AM   #5
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by oimmuk View Post
My question here is are they static locations...always at about the same coordinates, if so it would be a simple matter to list the locations per zone, but since I just started it yesterday I find that the dig sites open up as you go a long...Take for example I was in NoSTV and found one, once it was done I checked the map and found no others in that zone, so I went to SoSTV and found two. Once those were done I checked the map and lo and behold there was now another site in NoSTV. So as I stated earlier they open up as you dig them, but a list of coords would be nice sort of like the mining/herd locations on the minimap...it just shows the place where one has been found but does not guarantee that it will be there every time.
There are four in each continent (Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor) at any given time; once one is depleted, another opens up somewhere else on the continent. It also takes into account character level - a level 20 character wouldn't be sent to a level 50 zone.

I'm sure the location for each digsite can be retrieved somehow, since Carbonite can actually display them, and from there it should (I believe) be a simple matter of using the guide algorithm to decide which is closest and set a goto there.