View Single Post
04-16-09, 01:07 PM   #495
Thengus
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Jesamyn View Post
However, there are obviously plenty of people in this thread who aren't upset with this and will continue to visit the site. Who ARE visiting this site. If a user didn't visit before because they were using WM and now won't visit out of objection, then to be honest, it's still a win for WoWI and Curse. Sure, the user isn't seeing the ads...but they're also no longer using the bandwidth either. And those of us who use the site and like it could get on with minimal errors and downtime on patch day.
I always had and I will continue to visit this site, along with curse, and a few other, as I do not care about who get paid when I load a page from a web site, but the the reason I'm pissed off about this decision IS NOT THE DECISION is the way and the moment that have been chosen to implement it.

I never used WOWMatrix on my machine ever

And even using the Curse updater I still have to come here or on few other sites to find my add ons and I'll keep doing it, because I need a service that is provided (partially) by WOWI.

But WOWi, along with Curse did not showed much maturity in how the implemented this completely rightfully theirs decision: they collectively decided to think about their pockets rather then the community. So the community paid for it

Cairenn keep repeating that they did not have a choice, well I'm sure I will hear the same thing from Curse…

But again i repeat… if WOWI and Curse is managed by people that is so mature and superior (as compared to the infantile b/w thieves that are the owners of WOWMatrix), why not agreeing for a less showy solution?

I had suggested an implementation 2 weeks later than patch day, but if it was such a problem delaying, why not doing a month or two earlier, then?

I think there where other possibilities and this choice of the time has been made on purpose. That is why i'm not happy. Declaring a war is always wrong, even if the war is just.