View Single Post
09-23-08, 07:33 PM   #27
GrissomXIX
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Arena gear is generally terrible for PvE. I wouldn't touch it on my resto shaman with a ten-foot pole. I don't know why so many of you guys are making it sound like arena gear is the only thing in between dungeon blues and Sunwell epics. Badge gear anyone
Then you might be so kind as to explain that to 90% of arena kids who think because they have "full epics" that they can walk into any instance/raid they want and pwn the place sideways. And please, read what I say before you think that it's my opinion..."Unfortunately for most of the new 'arena generation' gear is what makes you good." Personally I'll take a skilled player in blues over a retard arena kid in full epics. Gear doesn't make the player, but for most people they think you have to have gear to be good, hence the reason for this post in the first place. I've seen Mages and Rogues in D3 and late 5-man gear obliterate fully epic'd Hunters and Rogues in raids because the fully epic'd people are LAZY and ARROGANT.

Gear != skill as is the underlying topic of the original post, we know this yet you want to argue that if you don't have the gear you can't be as good as someone who does. Granted as far as stats and specs go this is true. The true measure of a player is his or her ability to play their class to the fullest, not that of being able to farm BGs just to get a marginally better item to placate the arrogant and whiney. Find a group of players in your gear/raid range, ignore the rest of the children and have fun.

No one is raiding seriously right now except for those who have the instances on farm or those who just HAVE to fully progress. Everyone is mostly preparing for the expansion where a majority of the game will be on equal footing again where you can have "gear" just by doing the 10man versions of raid content with a handful of friends.

Ignore the jackasses like Gandoch who measure you by what you have rather than what you do and enjoy the remaining few weeks of TBC and max level, it'll be leveling time again soon.

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Why is your PvE raid inviting "Jeb the Arena Whore" in the first place? You'd probably have an easier time of it if you filled your raid with people who want to progress in PvE...
Maybe because we were short a raid member that night and we had to PUG or invite a member of the guild who PVPs instead of PVEs. But I suppose because he's not a full PVE player then he has no right filling a spot that needs to be filled, not every guild has 200 raid ready people sitting on the sidelines biting their nails waiting to get into The Eye or Sunwell. We keep what we need to get by, friends and alts are invited when absolutely necessary and some of them happen to be arena or BG geared. Doesn't make them a bad player, but they lack a little in PVE which the rest of the raid more than makes up for. But when you have someone fully epic'd who can't be bothered to trap properly or DPS/heal worth a damn, the rest of the raid is going to suffer regardless of gear level.

It doesn't take Sunwell or badge loot to kill the BRD boss which was the original post, but you guys are making it seem like having D3 or instance blues is the end of the world when fighting a level 73 boss in a dead and forgotten instance. This isn't Sunwell we're talking about, it's goddamn BRD. lol Cry about gear when people cry that they can't get into Sunwell with Kara or BG gear on.

Last edited by GrissomXIX : 09-23-08 at 07:52 PM.