View Single Post
09-23-08, 11:24 PM   #28
Kleo
A Theradrim Guardian
Careful about the generalisations that raid-epiced people are lazy and arrogant... Yes, they exist, yes, some blue-geared people are great, but in a raid guild worth being in, people have to watch their playing and continually earn their spot in raids. And they play accordingly. There are plenty of lesser geared people who are arrogant. Hell, there are even green-geared people who are arrogant, because they feel they're unfairly discriminated against and they think they're way better players than raiders (whether they are or not). Blues are fine after you just reach 70 in short to medium term, and you might be a great player, but the great players are probably going to do heroics and get better gear, or get crafted gear, and eventually get as much best-in-slot as they possibly can.

I guess I'm trying to say that most of the lazy/arrogant players in epics I've seen are either arena epics who think that PvP gear is just as good for PvE as PvE gear, or players who can get through Kara regularly in a pug, and then think they're great because they have purples. Tier 6 players (especially Sunwell) have to earn their spots and may be arrogant, but not so much on the lazy, and tend to play well and expect a lot from their groups. And contribute to those groups.